If you’ve read Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek, you’d be well aware of the “allure of outsourcing”… Sit back and relax why a team of India’s finest do everything for you…
Unfortunately for most people, when they first throw their hat into the outsourcing ring it doesn’t go according to Tim’s plan.
This is because they haven’t outSourced at all… They’ve outTasked.
It’s a big lesson that I finally learned after chatting to a friend of mine Marc Lindsay one day.
When it comes to outsourcing, I think Daniel Turner and Marc Lindsay are the most experienced guys I know; and have a very systematic approach to the whole thing…
So what makes these boys an ‘authority’on the subject of Outsourcing?
* They’ve had over 100,000 unique pages of content (yes that’s 100,000 articles) written for their businesses;
* They’ve had written over 80 niche ebooks (and the salesletters, sites and everything that goes along with it);
* They’ve spent well over $100,000 (I think it’s more like 200-300k) in software development;
* They’ve had thei team complete more than 500 site designs across HTML, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and a range of other CMS, LMS and E-Commerce Systems;
* They’ve built a 30+ person traffic team that work on their various sites.
So… last Friday I got Dan on Skype and grilled him about all things outsourcing… in particular, why most people are OutTasking when they think they are Outsourcing.
|Download MP3 File Here|
Referenced in the Interview:
In the interview with Dan we make mention of an interview Dan did with the founder and CEO of Rent-A-Coder; one of the leading outsourcing portals on the web. You can grab a copy of that interview over at The Outsouring Method.