I was excited to get Rich on the line for this conversation, as we share a lot of the same loves: crazy endurance sports, green smoothies, and something I really love chatting about — product creation [with the new book, Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself as well a line of Nutritional Products].
So where do I start with the proper introduction ?
Basically Rich is a freak!
He’s an entertainment attorney, a two-time top finisher at the Ultraman World Championships and in 2010 was the first person (along with colleague Jason Lester) to complete EPIC5 – 5 Ironman-distance triathlons on 5 Hawaiian Islands in under a week.
He was also named one of the 25 fittest men in the world — and does it all on a raw plant-based whole food diet.
We cover almost as much ground as an Ironman Triathlon in the conversation, including:
- What’s a typical day in the life of Rich Roll
- How Tim’s The 4-Hour Workweek provide Rich with the tools to manage his entertainment law business, and fit in time for training and writing
- How his plant-based diet works and the benefits it’s provided him and his family
- The creative process of writing the book (it goes into some dark parts of his past in the book)
- The journey and learnings he has had producing a nutritional product and taking it to market
Whether you are an athlete, parent, artist or business owner there is DEFINITELY some specific takeaways from this conversation…