A recent New York Magazine story estimated the astonishing amount of swag a B or even C-list celebrity takes home each year:
On average, a regular red-carpet walker will receive about $100,000 in free goods and services annually, some in all-gratis pop-up shops and some unasked-for in the mail.
…and, if you take a look at the U.S. median household income figures, you’ll see that the value of these celeb hauls is nearly double what the typical household earns annually. Insane.
Now, I’m not saying we’re anywhere near that league. But as the size of our Preneur Community continues to grow, we are constantly sent more and more free nerd swag in the from of books, as people try and pitch us for guest spots on the PreneurCast podcast.
This is just a sample of some of the recent books we’ve been sent in the mail:
… and here’s a shot of my iPad Kindle with the most recent batch of e-galleys.
As I am sure you’ve guessed by now, little old me just can’t keep up with all this demand by himself…
So I Need Your Help!
We’re going to start a new series here on the blog, featuring excerpts from many of the great books we are sent that we just can’t squeeze onto the podcast.
We published the first one earlier today - from Mark Middo’s 5 Minute Business.
So we’re looking for an intern to join the team for a few months, to help test this out with regular posts.
PreneurMarketing.com Internship Opportunity
The project is pretty simple. Each week, we get sent a bunch of prerelease e-galley Kindle books which we need someone to read, and to find a chapter, section or excerpt that will have some direct benefit to our audience.
Then we will reach back out to the publisher and get confirmation we can publish that section on the blog, with a little intro from you (and me), setting the context, relevance and importance.
Once we get all the assets set, you’ll then create the draft post directly into WordPress for our team to approve and publish.
- You can live anywhere in the world.
- Your English and spelling must be better than mine (not hard).
- You must have constant and reliable computer and internet access.
- You must have basic HTML skills and be familiar with publishing on WordPress.
- Must be very intelligent, hardworking, organised, and industrious.
- You must be able to invest 3-4 hours per week during this unpaid internship opportunity.
- You must have a Kindle email address (for a Kindle, Kindle App for your Tablet/iPad, etc.).
Don’t know what a Kindle email address is? Find out! You need it!
Why This Opportunity Rocks:
- You get to join the team and see how we run PreneurMarketing.com and support our community.
- You’ll be added to our Preneur Group Asana, so you get an unrestricted look at all the projects we’re running.
- You’ll get our weekly team updates, so again you can see exactly how we operate.
- You’ll have direct access to me (and yes, I will offer advice and support with your own projects).
- It is something you can add to your portfolio and use to get other jobs.
- You will learn a bunch of important skills you can leverage into other projects, and make connections you can use to advance your life and your own businesses.
- It just might lead to a permanent paid position on the team in another role.
- AND, you get to read a bunch of business, marketing and personal development books for free — before everyone else!
Why This Opportunity Sucks:
- You won’t get paid cash for you time. Sure you’ll get a bunch of free Kindle books. But while we test this blog series out, it is not a paid position (and may not be long-term either).
- If you expect to see inside and learn how we run any of my other businesses (telco, e-com, etc.), then that ain’t going to happen. This is solely a project for PreneurMarketing.com.
- It requires consistency. We want to publish one excerpt per week. So, you need to be on your A game, be committed, consistent, and work really hard to get 3 or 4 “in the can” before we go live.
How to Apply:
I will mostly likely choose two or three people to start this project, and go all survival of the fittest on you. Seriously, if you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the form below. If you make the first cut, we’ll email you, send a couple of books your way to read, and go from there!
Looking forward to working with you!