We’ve taken a close look at the benefits of hosted email marketing software and also explored the self-hosted advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a very quick summary of our experience and a quick flowchart that will help you choose the solution that is right for you and your business.
For our team, we decided that the self-hosted route is the best way forward right now. This is because, over time, our requirements have changed in line with our business development. We have more customers and subscribers than we would ever have anticipated when we set out using a cloud-based hosted solution and this means that it’s more important for us to be able to control our online marketing activities, make sure we keep on delivering reliable customer service, and have more options for customisation and add-ons, such as the ability to send attachments.
Other Articles in This Email Marketing: Self-Hosted vs Cloud-Hosted Series:
- What Is Cloud-Based Autoresponder Email Marketing?
- Comparing Autoresponder Services
- What Is Self-Hosted Autoresponder Email Marketing?
- More Benefits of Self-Hosted Email Marketing
- Comparing Self-Hosted Email Marketing Software
- Self-Hosting Email Options (SMTP Solutions and Account Choices)
- Which Autoresponder Solution Is Right for You?
- Self-Hosted vs Cloud-Hosted – Conclusion and Summary
- Self-Hosted or Cloud-Hosted Email Marketing – Appendix